– Lessons are offered for all ages and all levels of playing.
– There is no long term commitment. Just a two week discontinuation notice is required.
– There is a $25 one time registration fee.
– Violin Rentals are available: Click under “SERVICES OFFERED” for information.
– Tuition is billed monthly
– $25 per 30 minute lesson
– $37.50 per 45 minute lesson
– $50 per 60 minute lesson
Monthly fee varies according to calendar.
Students of WMS enroll for a minimum of one month and the payment for the first month is due prior to the first lesson. Scheduling is subject to teacher availability. Students may preregister for the upcoming term. Students can enroll at any time on a month to month basis.
Please contact us and we will send via email the Registration & policy form or stop by our beautiful school at 347 Elm Street, Westfield, if interested in taking lesson.
In case of inclement weather the music school follows its own schedule. We will have a notice whether or not the music school is opened here.
Please bring your instrument, all assigned music, material and practice notebook/folder to each lesson. Instruments may be rented and other materials purchased here at the school or locally at Stamell Stringed Instruments (18 Kellogg Avenue, Amherst), Gerry’s Music (South Hadley), Westfield Music Suffield or online retailers such as Shar Music, Johnson Stringed Instruments, Woodwind Brass-wind website.
Parents of students under the age of seven are encouraged (not mandatory) to sit in on their children’s lessons in order to better assist in weekly practicing. Please bring a notebook in which to take notes on the lesson. If Parents can’t find a sitter for the sibling you are all welcome in the waiting area. we understand family dynamics!
There will be two concerts during the school year which may involve extra rehearsals, and an accompanist fee. $15 per student will be added to your monthly fee during the recital time. (Date, to be determined.) We encourage students participation.
– It is recommended 30 minutes lesson for beginner children 5-10 years old every week.
– It is recommended 45 minutes lesson for beginner or intermediate children 11-14 years old every week.
– It is recommended 45 minutes to one hour lesson for intermediate and advanced children and teenagers.
– It is recommended 45 to 60 minutes for ages 15 and older, once a week – Advanced students, children, teenager, or adults should have 60 minutes lesson per week